Leviathan Linkshell

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Leviathan Linkshell
There's hidden information on these forums only viewable once you get access to the Linkshells listed.

+3
Remu
Den
Mistwolf
7 posters

figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting

Mistwolf
    Mistwolf
    Loves this LS
    Loves this LS

figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting Empty figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting

Post  Mistwolf Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:17 am

Den
    Den

figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting Empty Re: figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting

Post  Den Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 pm

I think I was getting the same issue when I first got it.

Now, the way I log in is;

1. Enter original password at POL log in
    2. Enter SE account password at prompt
    3. Enter Security Token password at prompt

It's been working fine ever since (except when I misplaced my security token under a pile of papers yesterday).
    Remu
    Remu

figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting Empty Re: figured this BS would happen.. and hence my waiting

Post  Remu Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:14 pm

I had problems with that yesterday- just got my token. Had to link the account on SE site and then the first time you log in you HAVE to use a one time password. After that you can remove the token from your SE account on the site and simply choose "Do Not Use" on the one time password spot when you log in.
    Zimenj
    Zimenj

Post  Zimenj Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm at work and I can't see "game" sites. Assholes block all the good stuff! So what's happening? I got mine yesterday, started a SE account, linked POL account, then signed on to POL viewer, changed log in to include SE account name and One TIme Password. Logged it and everything was fine. I was under the impression that from now on I have to enter the One Time Password everytime I log in to POL and anytime I want to get on my SE account. IS there something else going on?
    Hohenheim

Post  Hohenheim Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 pm

lol what fail. Is it just me or is the SE company just becoming a joke now? I really don't expect much out of them anymore.
    Zimenj
    Zimenj

Post  Zimenj Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:05 pm

It seems to always be like this when new tech comes out. They never put enough time into working out the bugs, just shove it on the market to get the money first, then worry about bugs later. Corporations suck ass sometimes!
    fiend
    fiend
    Loves this LS
    Loves this LS

Post  fiend Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 pm

well yeah zim, except this isnt NEW technology, other companies use security tokens.... SE just sucks @ life.
    Den
    Den

Post  Den Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:17 am

I think I know which glitch this is referring to.

When I first tried to log in with it, I didn't know if it wanted my old POL password, my new POL password, my SE account password, or my Security token password.

I tried them all in that order, and it all rejected. But the weird thing is when I tried to enter the (as I realized later) CORRECT password, it rejected INSTANTLY saying "Incorrect Password" without even sending the information to POL (which it did, initially).

So the problem is in POL script itself repeating the rejection in an endless for-loop (an if-then clause code) regardless of what password you enter, correct or incorrect. BECAUSE the problem is in the POL program, resetting (and entering the correct password sequences) should fix it and allow you to log in.

In short, if you enter the passwords in incorrectly, you must restart POL to try again.

That's my take on it anyway based on my limited scripting knowledge.
    Dreubaud
    Dreubaud

Post  Dreubaud Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 am

Your full of lies and heresy Denjin! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am